Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a morning!!!

So I wanted to wake up early this morning and make a big, nice breakfast for Jadi. I had finished making the eggs and was pouring oil into the pan to make fried potatoes. Right as I put the potatoes into the pan huge flames come flying up! I panicked...I tried to find water or something but when I turned around again smoke was everywhere, I could barley see! I screamed for Jadi, who was peacfully sleeping! "FIRE, THERE'S A FIRE!" Jadi comes running into the kitchen half asleep I hand him the half full cup of water, and not realizing that it would only make the flames bigger he pours it on, and then flash backs from Boy Scouts reminds Jadi, DON'T put water on a grease fire! So he grabbed the other pan and smothered the fire! The smoke alarms were going off, Bruce was running around in a frenze because we were, and he hates that high pitched sound of the alarm. Smoke filled our apartment. But luckily there wasn't any damage! Only to the vegetable oil bottle, it melted in the flames! The fire left lovely black soot marks for me to clean up, which wasn't very easy to do. It was pretty scary for me, I really thought, "Oh great, the apartment is going to burn down!" But all in all we had a pretty good laugh after the chaios was over!!

6 comments:

Casey&Mal said...

Haha! You poor thing! I can't say I haven't been there...I was trying to fry tofu for my curry...and Casey wasn't anywhere to be found. I still don't know how I survived it, I just remember Pete and Harry standing across the room wide eyed - it might explain why Pete whines every time I cook!
I'm glad to see you guys made it out save!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

That was a great story? How are you doing out there this summer? I haven't heard from you forever?

Mel said...

HaHaHaHa! I know this isn't funny at ALL but I was laughing when I read it bc that is TOTALLY something I would do! I'd be throwing buckets of water on it not grasping why it was getting worse! I'm glad you're ok!! How's Atlanta??

al + sar said...

K I would totally freak out if this happend to me! Good thing Jadi was there! And ya right...Im for sure NOT preggo, or trying! You would know if I was duh! I guess I worded that wrong, maybe I should change it so people dont think I am!

rachel mccracken said...

scary!!! How is everything going???

Audra said...

Oh my gosh! How scary! Luckily you were able to put it out before anything or anyone was hurt!